Taylor Haugen Trophy Selection Criteria
The Taylor Haugen Trophy and a $1,000 award are offered in the memory of Taylor Reid Haugen, Class of 2011
The Trophy is awarded each winter in conjunction with the All Sports Association at the annual All Sports Association FCA breakfast. Taylor was a member of the Niceville Eagles Football and Wrestling Teams as well as being an Honor Student at Niceville High School. He was comfortably expressive about his faith in God and showed it through his commitment to volunteer work in his church and community. The Trophy is awarded to an area athlete who best demonstrates a similar balance between academics, athleticism, leadership, community service and faith. The Foundation hopes to recognize those well-rounded individuals who demonstrate the perseverance to improve themselves in all aspects of their life while enjoying God’s gifts to the fullest.
Nominee must be a senior at an Okaloosa, Santa Rosa or Walton county high school. 1 Nominee per school;
Nominee must be an athlete who has participated in a high school sport;
Nominee must have a 3.0 or higher grade point average (unweighted);
Nominee must be an active participant in community service;
Nominee may not be a family member of a Taylor Haugen Foundation executive committee member.
Nominee must be planning to attend a four year accredited college.
Note: Due to NCAA eligibility requirements, recipients of full college athletic scholarships are not eligible to receive the $1,000 scholarship from the Foundation. However, such nominees are eligible to be awarded the Trophy.
1. An individual’s team coach must make the nomination.
2. A committee consisting of the individual’s high school principal, athletic director, and FCA advisor will review school nominees and select one to represent the school.
3. Applications are filled out by the team coach not the individual.
4. Each school Nominee’s applications should be mailed by December 1st of every year.
5. A committee consisting of selected All-Sports Association members, 5 Taylor Haugen Foundation members and all past trophy winners, will review nominations in early January.
6. The winner’s school principal and athletic director will be contacted to coordinate notifying the winner in person.
7. Other nominees will receive written notification of the selection.
8. The trophy will be awarded at the FCA Breakfast each year.
WANT TO SUPPORT THE FOUNDATION?
We appreciate your support! All Donations are processed securely by PayPal.